Stefan Mirkovic is an associate in Miller Thomson’s Financial Services Group in Calgary. Stefan’s practice focuses primarily on corporate and commercial finance where he acts for Canadian and international banks, financial institutions and borrowers in connection with lending transactions, including bilateral and syndicated financings, senior and mezzanine loans, asset-based loans, acquisition financings, restructurings and multi-jurisdictional and cross-border transactions. Stefan services a broad client base including the agri-business, automotive, energy, pharmaceutical, media, logistics, health care, commercial real estate and technology industries.
Stefan is a member of the Calgary Bar Association, Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Alberta. He received his Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from McMaster University and his JD from the University of Calgary in 2016. Stefan also studied aviation and obtained his solo pilot’s licence. He was called to the Alberta bar in 2017 and the Ontario bar in 2019.
In his spare time, Stefan enjoys DJing, playing tennis and basketball, and travelling. Prior to joining Miller Thomson he articled with another prominent national law firm in Calgary.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Donnel O. Sabey, Q.C. Prize in Advocacy Law (2016)
- Donald G.H. Bowman National Tax Moot, Best Team (2016)
- Student Legal Assistance, Volunteer of the Year (2014)
- University Senate Scholarship (2013)
- Dr. Harry Lyman Hooker Scholarship (2012)
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Alberta Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2016
- B.Arts. (Honours), McMaster University, 2013