David Reynolds practices commercial lending and private business transactions.
David advises banks, other institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in connection with secured and unsecured lending transactions. His expertise also includes syndicated transactions, single-lender transactions, financing of day-to-day operations, acquisition financing, asset-based lending, real estate financing, wholesale automotive financing, domestic and cross-border transactions.
In addition to his experience in commercial lending, David also advises and acts for clients in a diverse range of corporate transactions such as asset and share purchases.
David graduated from the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in 2010 with a Juris Doctorate. During his time at UWO, he worked as Program Manager of the Sport Solution Legal Clinic where he advised Canadian National Team and Olympic athletes on various legal issues.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Appointed to the advisory board of Practical Law Canada
- Lecturer, University of Windsor Law School – Advanced Business Law Course (Secured Transactions), March 2014 – Current
- Co-Chair, “Providing Legal Guidance for Business Lenders and Borrowers: Navigating Challenging Times”, Law Society of Ontario program, September 15, 2020
- Co-Chair, “Secured Transaction Essentials for Business Lawyers”, Ontario Bar Association program, May 6, 2019 and April 28, 2020
- Chair, “Secured Lending”, Ontario Bar Association program, May 14, 2018
- “PPPSA Updates: Perfection by VIN, Waiver of Financing Statement Deliver and Conflict of Laws”, Law Society of Ontario – Six Minute Business Lawyer, 2018
- “Common PPSA Registration Issues and Tips on How to Correct Them”, Law Society of Ontario – Commercial Priorities for Real Estate and Business Lawyers, 2017
- “Guarantees: The Continuing Obligation: Royal Bank of Canada v. Samson Management & Solutions Ltd.”, Taxes & Wealth Management, 2014
- “Protecting Yourself: What You Need To Understand Before Entering A Personal Guarantee, It’s Personal”, Preserving Wealth for People and Private Companies, 2012
- “Drafting Enforceable Non-Competition Covenants”, 3rd Essentials of Commercial Contracts Course, Federated Press, June 20, 2011
- Member at Large, Ontario Bar Association – Business Law Section, 2018 – September 2020
- Editor, Ontario Bar Association – Business Law Section, 2014 – 2018
- Mentor with the Boston Consulting Group’s Pathways to Education Mentorship Program, 2012 – 2015
- Mentor with Western University Faculty of Law
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- J.D., Western University, 2010
- B.A. (Hons), York University, 2006