David Reynolds practices commercial lending and private business transactions.
David advises banks, other institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in connection with secured and unsecured lending transactions. His expertise also includes syndicated transactions, single-lender transactions, financing of day-to-day operations, acquisition financing, asset-based lending, real estate financing, wholesale automotive financing, domestic and cross-border transactions.
In addition to his experience in commercial lending, David also advises and acts for clients in a diverse range of corporate transactions such as asset and share purchases.
David graduated from the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in 2010 with a Juris Doctorate. During his time at UWO, he worked as Program Manager of the Sport Solution Legal Clinic where he advised Canadian National Team and Olympic athletes on various legal issues.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Lecturer, University of Windsor Law School – Advanced Business Law Course (Secured Transactions), March 2014 – Current
- PPPSA Updates: Perfection by VIN, Waiver of Financing Statement Deliver and Conflict of Laws (Law Society of Ontario – Six Minute Business Lawyer 2018), 2018
- Common PPSA Registration Issues and Tips on How to Correct Them (Law Society of Ontario – Commercial Priorities for Real Estate and Business Lawyers), 2017
- Guarantees: The Continuing Obligation: Royal Bank of Canada v. Samson Management & Solutions Ltd. (Taxes & Wealth Management), 2014
- Protecting Yourself: What You Need To Understand Before Entering A Personal Guarantee, It’s Personal (Preserving Wealth for People and Private Companies), 2012
- Drafting Enforceable Non-Competition Covenants, 3rd Essentials of Commercial Contracts Course, Federated Press (June 20, 2011)
- Mentor with the Boston Consulting Group’s Pathways to Education Mentorship Program
- Mentor with Western University Faculty of Law
- Editor and Executive Member of Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- J.D., Western University, 2010
- B.A. (Hons), York University, 2006
Miller Thomson partners with Ryerson Law Research Centre to support students in need of legal advice
The Ryersonian, Ryerson University’s news website, recently published an article highlighting Miller Thomson’s pro bono work and support for the Ryerson Law Research Centre. Miller Thomson, together with the Ryerson Law Research Centre and Pro Bono Law Ontario, runs pro...
David Reynolds speaks at Six-Minute Business Lawyer program
David Reynolds speaks on PPSA Developments for the Law Society of Ontario’s Six-Minute Business Lawyer 2018 program.
David Reynolds chairs OBA’s “Secured Transaction Essentials for Business Lawyers” program
David Reynolds is chairing the OBA’s “Secured Transaction Essentials for Business Lawyers” program on May 14, 2018.
Tactical Primer on Mixed-Use Developments
An interactive and informative, fast-paced discussion of hot-button issues in mixed-used developments including: Structuring and risk allocation HST considerations Financing Planning considerations Freehold vs. condominium Leasing Speakers include: Savvas Kotsopoulos, Toronto Anna Balinsky, Toronto Ron Choudhury, Toronto Eric Davis, Kitchener-Waterloo...
Sorry. Your search returned no results. Please edit your search criteria and try again.
Crown Holdings completes acquisition of Signode Industrial Group Holdings
Canadian counsel to Crown Holdings, Inc.
Lions Bay Capital announces new loan facility
Counsel to Riverfort Global Capital Ltd. and Cuart Investments PCC Ltd.
Amarillo Gold announces extension and amendment of gold-linked credit facility
Counsel to Amarillo Gold Corporation
Jaguar Mining sells Gurupi Project to Avanco Resources
Counsel to Jaguar Mining Inc.
Leading distribution and logistics company negotiates asset-backed lending facility and real estate term and evergreen facility
Counsel to the distribution and logistics company
Doxim Solutions completes cross-border acquisition of IDS.com
Counsel to Doxim
Jaguar Mining closes US$5 million secured debt financing
Counsel to Jaguar Mining Inc.
Food packaging manufacturer advised on Canadian aspects of amended and restated multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional syndicated credit arrangements
Counsel to the food packaging manufacturer and its Canadian affiliates
Pinnacle Absolute Return Trust completes bridge loan to Kontrol Energy for acquisition financing
Counsel to Pinnacle Absolute Return Trust
Schedule I bank provides acquisition financings for pharmaceutical industry borrower
Counsel to the bank