Ayda is part of the Civil and Commercial Litigation team.
She advises and represents businesses and individuals in a variety of litigation and dispute matters, including extraordinary remedies such as injunctions, safeguard orders and seizures.
Her practice includes contractual disputes, shareholder disputes and civil liability litigation, all of which have brought her to plead before various judicial bodies of the Province of Quebec.
Through her proactivity and her keen understanding of the legal environment, Ayda is able to advise clients on complex and multi-dimensional legal issues and elaborate effective strategies tailored to meet each client’s specific needs.
Commercial litigation: Commercial lease disputes, transactional litigation, franchise law, shareholder disputes, oppression proceedings, trustee appointments, lifting the corporate veil, fraud, embezzlement, etc.
Succession law: Will/codicil probate and cancellation, declaration of unworthiness, removal or replacement of liquidator, etc.
Civil liability: Breach of contractual obligations (non-compete and non-solicitation clauses), hidden defect or defective workmanship, acquisitive prescription, action on an account, co-ownership law, personal injury, etc.
With the field experience gained since the beginning of her legal career, Ayda has been called upon to speak on various legal issues in the media, including CTV News.
Ayda is actively involved in her community, volunteering for various organizations, including the Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal, and serving on the board and executive of the Association des juristes persans du Québec.
- Represented a major international transportation company in a non-compete and non-solicit dispute
- Represented a financial institution in the CCAA restructuring of a corporation with a debt in excess of $25M
- Acted before the Supreme Court of Canada in the matter of Montréal (Ville) v. Lonardi
- Representation of a minority shareholder in an oppression remedy and derivative action
- Provided legal and strategic advice to a franchisee regarding the management of its business affairs
- Member of the Persian Law Association of Quebec
- Member of the Iranian Canadian Business Council, Quebec Chapter
- Young Bar of Montreal
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec, 2013
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Montréal