Arsham Gill is a member of Miller Thomson’s litigation practice group with a focus on commercial and civil litigation. Arsham takes pride in providing practical, timely and effective dispute resolution services to his clients.
Prior to becoming an associate, Arsham articled and summered with the firm, developing valuable skills in drafting pleadings, legal opinions, court applications, and written submissions for a variety of forums.
Arsham obtained his Juris Doctor at the University of Calgary, Murray Fraser Hall Faculty of Law, in 2021. During his time at law school, Arsham received the Scott Venturo Rudakoff LLP Prize in Insurance Law. Arsham also volunteered his time as a caseworker with Student Legal Assistance, president of the Faculty of Law Rugby team, and as a member of the Health Law Association.
- Co-Author, "Preparing for the Metaverse: The Next Big Thing", January 14, 2022
- Co-Author, "Graham Construction and Engineering Inc V Alberta (Infrastructure): Is Strict Compliance Necessary for a Claim Under the Alberta Public Works Act?", May 11, 2022
- Student Legal Assistance Volunteer Caseworker and Trial Division Member, 2018 - 2020
- Acted as agent and made court appearances on behalf of low income clients for matters of Civil Disputes, Custody Agreements, and low level Criminal cases.
- UBC Learning Exchange volunteer classroom instructor, 2015 - 2016
- Facilitated daily drop-ins and coordinated educational activities for low income members of the Downtown Eastside community in Vancouver.
- Immigration Services Society of British Columbia research team volunteer, 2016
- Assisted new Canadian immigrants to obtain employment and residence and worked with a team of students to analyze immigration trends and government practices in Canada to pro-actively enhance mentoring techniques.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta, 2022
- JD, University of Calgary, 2021
- Bachelor of Arts (Major – Political Science), University of British Columbia, 2016