Tyson Wagner’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and leasing, wills and estates law, and corporate M&A. Tyson has experience advising clients on estate planning matters, and assists clients with commercial financing, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters for mid-sized companies and startups.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Tyson articled and practised at a mid-sized provincial law firm. He recently presented a seminar on “Business Law Basics” to students at a large Alberta college.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Jason Lang Scholarship
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Co-author, “After-born Children: Succession Law and Posthumous Conception,” Wealth Matters, November 2015
- United Way fundraising campaign co-chair, 2011
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel volunteer, 2013-present
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association—Wills and Estates, Real Estate, and Commercial Property and Leasing Subsections
- Executive Committee Member, CBA Business Law Subsection, 2014-2016
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2012
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2011
- B.Ed., University of Alberta, 2008
- B.A., University of Alberta, 2001