Maryam Zargar is a partner and leads the Corporate Group in the Vancouver office of Miller Thomson LLP. Maryam’s practice covers a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, corporate finance and corporate governance.
Maryam is a key advisor to Board and C-suites, advises clients through all stages of growth and focuses on strategic transactions, financings and M&A in a diverse range of industries including Technology, Cloud Storage, Digital Health, Mobile Software and Devices, Architecture and Design.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Maryam practiced in multi-national law firms, as in-house counsel for a technology company and most recently, managed a boutique firm which she founded in 2009.
Maryam has served as chair and board of director member of several corporations and non-profit organizations. An intrinsic part of Maryam’s practice is having a deep understanding of each client business. This enables her to be a trusted advisor and a passionate advocate for her clients.
- Transactions: Mergers and acquisitions, debt financing and investments including angel, venture capital and private equity transactions
- Commercial: Licensing or royalty structures, distribution and OEM agreements, joint venture and development agreements, settlement of complex disputes
- Advisory: Corporate governance, strategic advice, conflict management and leadership development
- Independent Director, Eka Canada Inc.
- Director, Pacific Future Energy
- President and Director, Association of Women in Finance
- Director, Vice Chair and Founding Member, Vancouver Women in Technology (VanWIT)
- Canadian Board Diversity Council/ Conseil canadien pour la diversité administrative – 2015 Diversity 50
- Chair, Goh Ballet Society
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2003
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2002
- Canadian Securities Institute, Canadian Securities Course, 2004
- Harvard Business School, Financial Accounting, 2021