Lauren Toreson is a corporate and commercial lawyer working in Edmonton and Calgary primarily in mergers and acquisitions, construction law, securities law, and secured lending transactions. Lauren also regularly acts for buyers and sellers on business acquisition transactions.
Lauren provides practical advice and counsel in a number of areas:
Corporate and commercial: advising clients on various transactions involving corporate, partnership, trust, and joint venture structures.
Private M&A: assisting clients with all aspects of the purchase and sale of businesses, whether on an asset or share basis.
Procurement and contracts: drafting and negotiating various forms of construction bid and contract documents for all Canadian provinces for both owner and contractors.
Securities law and corporate finance: assisting clients with raising capital through prospectus-exempt securities offerings such as private placements and offering memoranda and managing their regulatory compliance. Lauren serves primarily as issuer’s counsel on these transactions.
Lauren has instructed for a number of business and professional organizations on various topics including mitigation of risk in construction contracts.
- Co-presented, “Covid Recovery Series: Contracts & Limiting Liability,” International Live Events Association, October 28, 2020
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Contract Committee, Construction Owners Association of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2005
- LL.B., University of Calgary, 2004
- B.Comm. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2001