Ian Wilson is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Administrative Law and Commercial Litigation groups. Ian advises clients, including employers in federally and provincially regulated industries, on a wide range of matters such as employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, and terminations. During his time as a student at Miller Thomson, Ian developed his skills in drafting pleadings, complex legal opinions, court applications, and briefs.
Prior to joining the firm, Ian obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta, and obtained a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta. During his time at the University of Alberta, Ian was an active member in the Faculty of Law and Science athletic teams.
Ian remains actively involved in various pro bono programs; serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus program.
- Volunteer with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2017-Present
- Volunteer with the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program, 2017-Present
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2018
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2017
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alberta, 2008