Ian Wilson is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Administrative Law, Labour and Employment, and Commercial
Litigation groups. Ian advises employers in both federally and provincially regulated industries, on a wide range of matters such as employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety.
Prior to joining the firm, Ian obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta, and obtained a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta. During his time at the University of Alberta, Ian was an active member in the Faculty of Law and Science athletic teams.
Ian remains actively involved in various pro bono programs; serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus program.
- Speaker, “Navigating COVID-19: Your Employment Questions Answered,” Miller Thomson Labour & Employment Webinar, May 7, 2020
- Author, “Alberta: Recent changes to employment standards,” Labour and Employment Communiqué, December 11, 2019
- Volunteer with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2017-Present
- Volunteer with the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program, 2017-Present
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2018
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2017
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alberta, 2008