Originally known as Miller, Thomson, Hicks & Sedgwick, the firm began in the heart of Toronto at 55 Yonge Street. Growth has been the signature of the Toronto office, starting with only six lawyers in 1957 and increasing to more than 160 lawyers today. The firm has added enhanced capabilities and strategic resources in many core areas of expertise to serve its steadily growing domestic and international client base. The Toronto office is now located in Scotia Plaza. This puts us in the very centre of Toronto’s financial district, steps away from the TSX, and home to the corporate headquarters of almost all of Canada’s chartered banks.