Haley maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice, with a focus on construction disputes. She acts on behalf of owners, contractors and sub-contractors in disputes arising from construction and engineering projects involving claims of breach of contract, delays and liquidated damages, and deficiency claims. She also has experience in contract, corporate and insurance disputes. Haley has appeared before multiple levels of Court in Alberta and has experience in private arbitrations.
Haley obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2017. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Haley served on the editorial board of the Alberta Law Review, volunteered with Student Legal Services, and conducted research for Professor Barbara Billingsley through the Roger S. Smith Undergraduate Student Researcher Award program.
Prior to attending law school, Haley obtained her Bachelor of Commerce with distinction with a major in Finance and a minor in Marketing. After completing her Bachelor of Commerce degree and before commencing her legal studies, Haley worked as a Commercial Banking Analyst at a major financial institution.
Haley is actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
- Co-author, “Construction & Engineering Law 2018,” International Comparitive Legal Guides, 2018
- Alberta Law Review, Editorial Board member, 2015-2017
- Student Legal Services, Volunteer, 2014-2015
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta, 2018
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2017
- Bachelor of Commerce with distinction, major in Finance and minor in Marketing, 2012