Wura Dasylva has an active practice in corporate and commercial law with focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance, banking and finance.
Wura assists clients with developing structures for their business enterprises, purchase or sale of Canadian businesses, negotiation and preparation of various commercial agreements, commercial financing transactions and general corporate advisory matters.
Wura obtained her law degree from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria in 2013 and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2014. Following her call to the Nigerian Bar, Wura practiced as a corporate/commercial lawyer in a national law firm in Nigeria. She joined Miller Thomson as an articling student in 2017, and has remained with the Firm following her call to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2018.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Manitoba Graduate Scholarship
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
- International Graduate Students Entrance Scholarship
- David T. Sgayias Graduate Fellowship
- Board of Directors, Regina & District Chamber of Commerce, 2021 – Present
- Board of Directors, YWCA Regina, 2019 – 2022
- Board of Directors, Eden Care Communities Foundation, 2019 – 2021
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Saskatchewan Bar, 2018
- Nigerian Bar, 2014
- Master of Laws, University of Manitoba, 2017
- Certificate of Qualification, National Committee on Accreditation – Federation of Law Societies of Canada, 2017
- Licentiate Degree in Law, Nigerian Law School, Lagos Nigeria, 2014
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. Hons.), University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 2013