Larry Ellis is a partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency group at Miller Thomson LLP. Larry has extensive experience in both the litigation and commercial aspects of corporate restructurings, bankruptcies, receiverships, work-outs and enforcement of creditors' rights and remedies. He represents a number of different parties, including purchasers, secured and unsecured creditors, receivers, debtors, monitors, trustees and lending syndicates.
Larry is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, INSOL International, the Turnaround Management Association, the Insolvency Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association, the Toronto Lawyers Association, the Canadian Insolvency Foundation and the Canadian Bar Association. He is scheduled to be an instructor at the University of Toronto’s Law School bar preparation course. Larry is the Program Chair for the III NextGen Leadership Program Class I Program (a program designed to enhance the Next Generation of leading insolvency professionals’ understanding of international insolvencies and restructurings) running in conjunction with the 12th Annual Insolvency Conference in Paris, France.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Chambers Canada, Restructuring/Insolvency
- Lexpert Rising Star award, 2016
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Insolvency Foundation
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Ontario Bar Association, Insolvency Law Section
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2004
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2003
- B.A. (Hons.), York University, 2000