Adam Kline is a partner in the Business Law Group at Miller Thomson in the Toronto office. His practice is focused primarily in the areas of securities, corporate finance, public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Adam has considerable experience advising both bidders and targets in hostile and negotiated merger & acquisition transactions. He has advised underwriters and issuers on numerous financing transactions, including IPOs, bought deals, private placements and rights offerings, in a variety of sectors including, media, telecommunications, technology, real estate (including REITs), diversified products, retail, and financial services. In addition to Adam’s transactional practice, he regularly advises clients on corporate governance, securities regulatory compliance matters, general corporate, and securities law matters.
He has also been very active in Canada’s emerging market for both cannabis and blockchain issuers.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Adam practiced at a major Canadian law firm where he developed a significant expertise in the areas of M&A, securities, and REITs.
- Acted for CryptoStar Inc. in connection with its $21.5 million non-brokered private placement
- Acted for a real estate issuer in connection with its $135 million senior unsecured debt offering
- Acted for a retail REIT in connection with its $263 million initial public offering
- Acted for a residential apartment REIT in connection with its $75 million initial public offering
- Acted for underwriters in connection with the $83 million initial public offering of a commercial REIT
- Acted for a retirement community issuer in connection with its $138 million initial public offering
- Acted forTrimel Pharmaceuticals Corporation in connection with its $40 million public offering
- Acted for Trimel Pharmaceuticals Corporation in connection with its $13 million public offering
- Acted for the special committee of Canada Fluorspar Inc. in connection with its sale to Golden Gate Capital valued at $35 million
- Acted for a TSX listed mining company in connection with the successful defense of a $38.6 billion unsolicited takeover bid
- Acted for a TSX listed mining company in connection with its $14 billion acquisition of a TSX listed coal trust
- Acted for a multinational oil and gas company in connection with its $7 billion acquisition of the minority stake in its TSX listed subsidiary
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LLB – 2004
- Schulich School of Business, MBA – 1999
- University of Western Ontario, BA – 1992
Miller Thomson continues strategic growth
Miller Thomson recognizes that the complexities of today’s business landscape increasingly call for legal solutions that span multiple disciplines and jurisdictions. With a continued focus on building our national platform, we are pleased to welcome the following lawyers who have...