Abid Ahmed is building a broad business law practice focusing on securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance as well as general corporate and commercial law. He has assisted on a range of transactions including, public and private acquisitions, securities offerings, financings, reverse takeovers and IPOs, as well as private equity and venture capital transactions.
Abid has experience acting for public and private companies across divergent sectors and industries. In addition to Abid’s transactional practice, he regularly advises clients on corporate governance, securities regulatory compliance matters, and general corporate and securities law matters.
- Counsel to Liberty Health Sciences Inc., a U.S.-based medical marijuana manufacturer and retailer, in connection with its US$290 million merger with Ayr Wellness Inc.
- Counsel to Stifel GMP in connection with a US$100 million private placement by Voyager Digital Ltd.
- Counsel to Stifel GMP in connection with a US$46 million private placement by Voyager Digital Ltd.
- Counsel to Stifel GMP and Clarus Securities Inc. in connection with a $45.2 million sale of common shares of Novo Resources Corp. and warrants through Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd.
- Counsel to Environmental 360 Solutions Inc., an environmental management and technical solutions company, in an investment by OPTrust
- Counsel to CIBC Capital Markets, Cormark Securities Inc., Goldman Sachs and National Bank Financial Inc. in connection with a $231.5 million equity offering by Boyd Group Services Inc. on a bought deal basis
- Counsel to Ucore Rare Metals Inc. in its acquisition of Innovation Metals Corp. and RapidSx Rare Earth Elements Separation Technology
- Counsel to Stifel GMP and Cormark Securities Inc. in connection with a $120 million sale of common shares of Equinox Gold Corp. and warrants through Yamana Gold Inc.
- Counsel to True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its $80.5 million equity offering led by CIBC Capital Markets and Raymond James Ltd. on a bought deal basis
- Counsel to New Wave Esports Corp., an esports and competitive gaming company, in its reverse takeover transaction and public listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange
- Counsel to Firm Capital Property Trust in connection with a $266 million co-ownership acquisition joint venture with First Capital Realty Inc.
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2018
- J.D., Western Law, 2017
- B.A. (Hons.), Western University, 2013