Stuart Chaimberg is a lawyer in Miller Thomson’s Real Estate Group. His practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, sales and leasebacks, property management agreements, due diligence reviews and title verifications. He also has experience in general corporate and commercial matters, having assisted with real property components of mergers and acquisitions.
Stuart has worked extensively in the area of commercial leasing. He drafts and negotiates commercial leases and all related documentation for retail, office, industrial, mixed use and hospitality properties. His practice is evenly balanced between representing landlords and tenants.
Stuart is a member of the Bars of both Ontario and Quebec, and thus advises clients on matters relating to both common law and civil law concepts inherent in commercial real estate and leasing transactions.
- To Infinity and Beyond – How New Technology is Affecting Commercial Leases, roundtable co-leader with Joshua I. Selby, ICSC Canadian Law Conference, April 27, 2017
- “The Exclusive on ‘Exclusive Use’ Clauses in Quebec”, Miller Thomson Real Estate Report, November 2016
- Just What the Doctor Ordered – The Prescription for Medical and Health-Oriented Tenancies, roundtable co-leader with Joshua I. Selby, ICSC Canadian Law Conference, April 22, 2016
- Quebec Legal Update, ICSC Canadian Law Conference, 2011 through 2017
- Law Society of Ontario
- Québec Bar
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2017
- Québec Bar, 2014
- LL.M., Université de Montréal, 2013
- J.D. (Common Law), Université de Montréal, 2011
- LL.B. (Civil Law), Université de Montréal, 2010
- B.A. (History, with great distinction), McGill University, 2007