Paul Guaragna specializes in the litigation of construction disputes, including construction liens, trust claims, delay claims, and surety bond claims. Paul also has experience in reviewing and negotiating terms of construction agreements.
Paul has acted for public and private sector entities, advising clients on construction disputes, including the navigating of complex construction agreements.
Construction Litigation: Pursue or defend against remedies in the realm of construction projects
Construction Agreements: Review and negotiate terms of construction agreements
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Construction Law, 2022-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Construction Law, 2022
- Benchmark Litigation Canada, Future Star, 2021-2022
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Hot List, 2020-2022
- Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute Resolution, 2020
- Dominus Construction Corporation v. H&W Development Corp., 2022 ONSC 1240 (Div. Crt.)
- Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation No. 1786 v. Fernbrook Homes (Wilson) Limited, 2021 ONSC 6652
- Maplequest (Vaughan) Developments Inc. v. 2603774 Ontario Inc., 2020 ONSC 4308 (Div. Crt.)
- Dominus Construction Corporation v. H&W Development Corp., 2020 ONSC 8134
- Multiplex Const. Can. Limited v. Princes Gates Hotel Limited Partnership, 2019 ONSC 4367
- Dominus Construction Corporation v. H&W Development Corp., 2019 ONSC 7235
- Provincial Partitions Ltd. v. R.O.M. Contractors Inc. cob Ross Clair Contractors , 2015
- PCR Contractors Inc. v. Wilson Station Development Corporation, 2015
- Serebrennikov v. Powerup Inc. et al., 2014
Paul is involved in the pro bono community and provides pro bono services to self-represented litigants.
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2012
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2011
- B.A. (Hons.), York University, 2008