Fadi Amine specializes in a broad range of civil and commercial litigation. He has solid experience in class actions, insolvency and restructuring, consumer protection, competition law, advertising law, franchising and product distribution. As part of his civil litigation and insurance practice, he focuses on professional liability, product liability, and civil liability.
Fadi also acts for major national and international lending institutions in asset recovery and debt collection.
Fadi has acted as legal counsel before all levels of Quebec courts and before the Supreme Court of Canada. He has also developed particular expertise in urgent proceedings, including injunctions and safeguard measures.
In addition, Fadi has written articles on topics related to franchising.
- Reminder Notice to Real Estate Owners and Tenants in Quebec – 2018-2020 Property Assessment Appeals, Real Estate Report, April 2018
- “Cross Canada Legal Panel: Key Decisions From Across Canada“, panel member, in collaboration with Mrs. Adina Georgescu, Canadian Property Tax Association, Toronto, January 29-30, 2018
- “Proposed Changes to the Quebec Code of Civil Procedure and Their Impact on the Litigation Process: Part 1″, Canadian Legal Perspectives: A Brief for the Lloyd’s Market, August 2014
- Co-author, “Les principaux impacts de la Loi sur la concurrence en droit de la franchise”, Développements récents en droit de la franchise, Continuing Education Department, Barreau du Québec, Vol. 368, 2013
- Covenants against Competition on Franchise Agreements, 3rd edition, American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising, 2012
- Co-author, “Contracts of Adhesion: Consequences of a Franchise Contract Being Called a Contract of Adhesion in Quebec Civil Law”, Franchise and Distribution, Vol. XVI, No. 1, 2010
- Co-author, “The Canadian Franchising System: A look at some of the common issues or disputes that may arise in the franchisor-franchisee relationship from inception to termination”, 2009 Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada
- Co-author, “The Enforcement of Non-competition Clauses Through Provisional or Interlocutory Injunctions in Quebec”, Franchise and Distribution, Vol. XV, No. 1, 2008
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2007
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2005
- B.A., Political Science, Concordia University, 2001