Miller Thomson’s Real Estate Group provides a broad range of expertise on all transactions, contracts and other matters involving real estate and land development.
Our lawyers form part of the corporate team available to represent clients on multi-faceted transactions. Our advice is integral to the structuring of such transactions as real estate is frequently the most significant asset involved. We also interact with lawyers from our environmental, litigation, labour and employment, and bankruptcy and insolvency groups. We find it invaluable to have available, with absolute immediacy, the expertise and experience that our colleagues offer.
Our lawyers have extensive experience derived from many years of acting for clients ranging from individuals and small family owned businesses to large public corporations, pension funds, banks and trust companies. The Group represents vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, developers, lenders and other financial institutions, on all manner of real estate related matters, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential leasing, mortgage enforcements, joint ventures, development approvals, financings, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Vendors and Purchasers
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing
- Joint ventures
- Financings, acquisitions and dispositions
- Corporate takeovers, reorganizations and corporate financings
- Mortgage enforcement
- Land use planning (including plan amendments, bylaw re-zoning applications, and development permit and subdivision appeals)
- Negotiation and completion of some of Canada’s largest real estate transactions
- Acquisition and financing of large hotel properties
- Acquisition of regional shopping centres