Tony Van Klink practices insolvency and restructuring law and related commercial litigation, focusing on receiverships, bankruptcies, enforcement of security agreements, commercial debt recovery, and CCAA proceedings.
Tony represents financial institutions, CCAA monitors, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, and other stakeholders in insolvency matters. He appears regularly before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including appearances related to Commercial List matters. Tony also handles commercial litigation including contractual disputes and construction liens.
Tony has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of security enforcement on behalf of secured lenders over all types of real and personal property collateral, including enforcement by way of private and court appointed receiverships, court proceedings for possession and private seizure, and sale of collateral.
Tony has acted for secured lenders in the enforcement of their security, and for borrowers in the restructuring of their credit facilities in all types of businesses and industries including:
- agricultural (farmers, greenhouse growers, farm equipment and farm supply dealers, grain elevators)
- automotive (tier one and tier two parts suppliers, automobile dealerships, motor vehicle leasing companies)
- trucking, transportation and logistics
- real estate development
- dental and medical professionals
- retail stores including clothing, hardware, furniture, and groceries
- food processing (including abattoirs, meat processing facilities, and a cheese production facility)
- fast food franchises
- commercial printing
- insurance brokers
- technology and software companies
- golf courses
Tony was named to the 2014 and 2015 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada for Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law and Corporate Law and was recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for Corporate Law in 2015.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2019 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in London/Windsor
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2015 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year”, London
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law; Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2014-2020
- Past Editor, University of Western Ontario Law Review, 1985-1986
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association (Insolvency Section)
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 1988
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario
- Recipient, Arthur T. Little Gold Medal for the highest academic standing in his LL.B. graduating class