Nizar Dahrouge is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Corporate/M&A group. Nizar has experience assisting with corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and corporate reorganizations. He works with other team members to ensure that clients’ transactions and corporate finance matters are handled effectively and efficiently.
Nizar is also a member of the firm's Personal Injury group. He has experience assisting plaintiffs with claims relating to fatalities and serious personal injuries including brain injuries and permanent disabilities.
Prior to joining the firm, Nizar obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta, and his Bachelor of Commerce from Grant MacEwan University. In the time between his Bachelor of Commerce degree and commencing legal studies, Nizar worked as President and Treasurer for a non-profit organization.
Nizar volunteers with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project, and the Amicus Project, providing pro bono legal services at the Edmonton courthouse.
- Co-author, “COVID-19: A relief resource for commercial tenants and landlords across Canada,” Real Estate Report Communiqué, April 9, 2020
- Amicus Project
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project
- Pro Bono Tax Advocacy Project, 2016-2017
- Student Legal Services, 2015-2016
- Head Coach, EMSA Soccer, 2012-2014
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2018
- J.D., University of Alberta, 2017
- B.Comm. (Honors), Grant MacEwan University, 2012