Michael Percival practises commercial and civil litigation. He advances his clients’ interests in a wide range of insurance and construction law matters. He has special interests in professional negligence, builder’s lien, occupier’s liability and personal injury claims.
Michael is an advocate of finding cost-effective solutions through the use of mediation and other expedited negotiation tools. When it has been in the best interests of his clients, he has obtained desirable results in all levels of court in British Columbia.
Michael volunteers as a supervising lawyer for the students’ legal advice program at the University of British Columbia. He is a guest instructor for the People’s Law School.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Rosina and Gabriel Iacobucci Prize for Academic Achievement, University of British Columbia, 1992
- Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation section
Bar admissions & education
- Yukon Bar, 2002
- British Columbia Bar, 1993
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1992
- B.Sc. (honours), Queen’s University, 1989