Michael Cleveland provides employers with practical and timely advice on a wide variety of labour and employment law matters including employment standards, labour relations, human rights, occupational health and safety, privacy, and wrongful dismissals. He acts for employers in the provincial and federal sectors in both unionized and non-unionized workplaces.
Michael summered and articled with Miller Thomson before returning to the firm as an associate. He received his J.D. from the University of Toronto in 2019 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2020.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Distinction Standing for Third Year, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2019
- Recipient of the Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize in Taxation
- Ryerson Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Law Society of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2020
- J.D., University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2019
- B.A. (Honours, High Distinction), History and International Relations, University of Toronto, 2016