Madeleine Dusseault is building a broad civil litigation practice with a focus on commercial litigation. She has experience with small claims proceedings, motions, injunctions, examinations for discovery, mediations and trials.
Madeleine summered and articled at Miller Thomson, and joined the firm as an associate after the completion of her articles in 2019.
Madeleine spent her first summer of law school at the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, where she completed work on privacy law as a Donner Civic Leadership Fund Fellow.
During her time in law school, Madeleine worked as a legal research assistant and volunteered at the Toronto Small Claims Court as a student clerk. Prior to attending law school, Madeleine spent several years as a legal assistant at another Toronto law firm, where she coordinated administrative support for a cross-Canada litigation portfolio.
- Pro Bono Students Canada – Student Clerk at Small Claims Court
- Artists’ Legal Advice Services Clinic – Clinic Volunteer
- Centre for Innovation Law and Policy – Working Group Member
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Juris Doctor, University of Toronto, 2018
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto, 2013