Kevin Plowman acts for lenders and borrowers in corporate finance and mid-market financing transactions. He has extensive experience in secured transactions and opinion mandates (acting for lenders and borrowers), commercial real estate matters, and energy/oil and gas matters. Kevin brings a personable and collaborative approach to his practice to achieve accuracy, efficiency, and results for his clients.
Kevin’s experience covers a broad array of industries and transactions including real estate development, hotel finance, construction, oil and gas/energy financings, equipment leasing, aircraft finance, food and agriculture transactions, and lending transactions involving diversified industries.
Kevin also has experience dealing with information technology and intellectual property matters and regularly represents clients in trademark, copyright and technology and licensing issues. Kevin is a registered trade-mark agent in Canada.
- Agent’s counsel on syndicated oil and gas financings in Western Canada
- Lender’s counsel on University Development in Alberta
- Borrower’s Counsel for Pharmaceutical Distributor in Alberta
- Lender’s counsel on multiple oil and gas production and service company financings in Western Canada
- Registered Trademark Agent
- Presenter, “Corporate and Business Overview,” Innovate Calgary, 2017
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 1998
- Manitoba Bar, 1992
- LL.B., University of Manitoba, 1991