Julia's business law practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions for companies in a variety of industries, including agri-business, manufacturing, technology and cannabis. She has experience representing clients in complex cross-border share and asset purchase transactions, as well as private equity and venture capital financings. She also regularly drafts a variety of commercial agreements and contracts including shareholder and partnership agreements. Julia focuses on providing practical, business-minded legal advice in order to deliver efficient results for clients, both in a transactional and a non-transactional context.
Julia provides clients with business-minded advice in the following key areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions: representing a broad range of clients, including varying sizes of private and public corporations, limited partnerships, owner-operated businesses and entrepreneurial ventures in the course of acquisitions, share and asset sales, amalgamations and reorganizations.
- Financings: representing fund and investor clients in private equity and venture capital financing transactions.
- Business formation: representing entrepreneurs in the formation and incorporation of new businesses; advising private equity funds in their formation phase and their capital-raising and investment-making phases.
- Law Society of Ontario
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2018
- B.A. (Honours), University of Western Ontario, 2015