Fergus Schappert practices corporate and commercial litigation, including complex contractual disputes and construction claims. He works with the team at Miller Thomson to create solutions for clients at all stages of the litigation process. Fergus has experience in both arbitrations and court proceedings.
Fergus completed his J.D. at the University of Saskatchewan in 2014 (with Distinction), after receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Alberta. Before attending university, Fergus served with the 1st Battalion of the Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry from 2004 to 2009 and deployed as an infantry platoon signaler to Kandahar, Afghanistan, in 2008.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Acritas Stars global survey of stand-out lawyers, 2018
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Calgary Construction Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctorate (Honours), University of Saskatchewan, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta, 2011
- Certificate in Globalization & Governance, University of Calgary, 2011