Jeff Grubb is a Partner in the Regina office of Miller Thomson where he has a Civil Litigation practice, with an emphasis on Commercial Litigation. Jeff’s primary experience is in the areas of commercial litigation, agricultural law, insurance litigation, labour & employment, and municipal matters. In 2002, Jeff was appointed as a coroner to preside over inquest hearings in Saskatchewan.
Jeff was a presenter at the Saskatchewan Bar Course on the following topics: Practice Points for Commercial Litigators in the Mediation Process and Pre-Trial Conference Practice. He has also presented at numerous other legal education conferences. In October 2006, Jeff was the only Saskatchewan lawyer to be named as an industry specialist in the area of “Food and Agriculture” by Lexpert in its Guide to the Top 100 Industry Specialists in Canada. Jeff is co-chair of Miller Thomson's Agribusiness & Food specialty group.
Jeff is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Saskatchewan Opportunities Corporation (Crown Corporation) and past Vice-chair of the Regina Research Park Advisory Board.
Jeff has served as the Treasurer, Vice-President and President of Saskatchewan Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, as well as a member of the CBA’s National Board of Directors. Jeff is also a past President of the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party. He also operates a family farm near Balcarres, Saskatchewan.
- LL.B., University of Saskatchewan, 1987
- B.A. (honours), University of Saskatchewan, 1984
- Appointed a Queen’s Counsel in December 2000
- Appointed in June 2002 as a Coroner to preside over inquest hearings in Saskatchewan
- President of the Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, 2000/01
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Bar Association (National), 2000/01
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Canadian Bar Law For The Future Fund, 2000/01
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Saskatchewan Opportunities Corporation, 1998-2002
- Vice-Chair of the Regina Research Park Advisory Board, 1999-2002
- President of the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party, 2002/05
- Vice-President of the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party, 2001/02 and 2006/07
- Member of the Board of Directors of Carmichael Outreach, a local non-profit organization whose mission is to help those in need
- Past member of the University of Saskatchewan “Thinking the World of our Future” Saskatchewan Campaign Committee
- Recipient of the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal in recognition of significant contribution to society and outstanding achievement
- Active in Provincial politics
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Regina Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Administrative and Labour Law section of the Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch
- Crime & Punishment: A Case Study in Human Rights and Criminal Record Checks, Labour and Employment Communiqué, June 13, 2012
Key Practice Expertise
Areas of Focus
- Agricultural Product Liability
- Employment and Labour Advice
Year of Call
- Saskatchewan Bar, 1988