Tim McGurrin is an experienced litigator often acting in complex cases involving commercial and contractual matters, construction disputes, partnerships and shareholder’s rights, insurance, negligence, real estate, estates, and environmental issues. He advises on the strategic handling of disagreements and negotiations, and represents clients involved in court proceedings, mediations, and arbitrations.
Tim has also represented clients before a variety of administrative tribunals including panels of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, the College of Nurses of Ontario, and Ontario’s Consent and Capacity Board. His clients include individuals, businesses, municipalities, and insurance companies.
Tim is a member of Miller Thomson’s National Student Recruitment Committee and leads the commercial litigation practice in our Kitchener-Waterloo office.
- Member, Ontario & Canadian Bar Associations
- Member, Waterloo Bar Association
- Member, Wellington County Law Association
- Member, Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Communitech
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2002
- Intensive Trial Advocacy Programme, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2007
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2000
- M.A., University of Guelph, 1997
- B.A., University of Guelph, 1997