Oleh Ilnyckyj’s practice focuses on personal injury claims, product liability, health law, and dispute resolution. Oleh believes that his job is to work for and with his clients to find solutions to their problems and resolve their claims fairly.
Oleh works with and for clients who have been injured, and their families, to help with their recovery of health and seek fair compensation for their losses.
In the health law area, Oleh has been the adviser to the Ethics Committee of the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia since 2013. In 2016, the College awarded him the Certificate of Appreciation.
Oleh’s product liability work involves representing multinational and U.S. corporations. Successful trial judgements include dismissal of a class action in 2013 on behalf of a pharmaceutical company, and successfully representing a cardio-medical product manufacturer in 2012.
Oleh has sat on a number of steering groups for the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia, acted as adviser to the Ethics Committee, and led two workshops for the Board, one on promotional advertising in 2014, and another on business and practice of dentistry in 2015.
Before joining the firm in 1987, Oleh was counsel and prosecutor for the Department of Justice and acted for the federal government and related agencies.
Oleh was a member of the Canadian delegation that monitored the 2004 Presidential Election in Ukraine.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Insurance Law, 2020 – 2022
- Former Chair, District of North Vancouver Parks and Natural Environment Advisory Committee
- Youth Soccer Coach and Community Soccer Referee for past 10 years
- Associate Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation, Insurance and Alternative Dispute Resolution sections
Bar admissions & education
- Yukon Bar, 2002
- British Columbia Bar, 1984
- Massachusetts Bar, 1983
- LL.B., McGill University, 1983
- M. Econ., London School of Economics and Political Science, 1979
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1978