Mark De Sanctis has a practice focused in a wide variety of commercial litigation and contractual disputes. Mark’s practice areas include: construction disputes, corporate and commercial matters, shareholder disputes, real estate-related litigation, and various other areas within the context of civil litigation. Mark continues to advocate on behalf of his clients in a manner tailored to each specific client to achieve the desired goal.
Mark has acted for his clients in Arbitrations and at all levels of Court in the Province of Ontario, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ontario Divisional Court, and Court of Appeal for Ontario. Mark has also appeared, in writing, at the Supreme Court of Canada.
Mark is a continuous charitable supporter of various advanced medical research initiatives. Specifically in relation to Vaughan, Mark has volunteered at Shining Through Centre for Autism by assisting, supervising, and teaching young children as well as an environmental volunteer during the Communities in Bloom initiative. Mark is an active member of the Ontario Justice Education Network (OJEN) and has volunteered to speak at several secondary schools informing the youth about legal issues.
- Hannivan et al v Wasi, 2021 ONCA 187 aff’g 2020 ONSC 1060.
- Hannivan et al v Wasi, 2020 ONSC 1060 and 2020 ONSC 3632.
- Maplequest (Vaughan) Developments Inc. v 2603774 Ontario Inc., 2020 ONSC 4308 (Div. Ct.)
- MacIvor v. Pitney Bowes, 2019 CanLII 3757 (SCC).
- MacIvor v. Pitney Bowes, 2018 ONCA 381, rev’g 2017 ONSC 1550, leave to appeal to SCC dismissed, 2019 CanLII 3757.
- Saleh v Ambalavanar et al, 2018 ONSC 3358
- Kapoor v. Kuzmanovski et al, 2017 ONSC 1709.
- Sabean v. Aikman, 2017 ONSC 7278 aff’g 2016 ONSC 6130 and 2016 ONSC 7010.
Mark is an active supporter of charities related to advanced medical research, education, and poverty alleviation. Mark is involved in the pro bono community and has provided pro bono services.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Ontario Justice Education Network
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2016
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2015
- B.A. (Hons.), University of Toronto, 2011