Brian Whitwham has a general litigation practice with an emphasis on corporate and commercial disputes, professional negligence, and insurance defence. He has represented clients in complex matters before courts, regulatory tribunals, and administrative boards, on issues such as product liability, contractual disputes, leasing disputes, medical negligence actions, and injunctive relief.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson in 2014, Brian worked in Toronto at another national law firm, where he managed a broad litigation practice with a focus on civil, corporate commercial, criminal, and regulatory matters.
Brian obtained his Juris Doctorate from Western University in 2010 and was called to the Bar the following year. Before he attended law school, Brian spent several years as a newspaper reporter and his work was recognized both provincially and nationally.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute Resolution, 2020
- Dean Ivan C. Rand at Western University, 2010
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- J.D., Western University, 2010
- Bachelor of Journalism with Law (combined honours), Carleton University, 2003