( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Mitchell is an experienced commercial litigator who has worked with a variety of clients across a number of different industries and jurisdictions. Mitchell is a strategic thinker who provides practical and commercially focused advice to his clients.
Mitchell has a broad litigation practice with a focus on complex commercial and corporate litigation and multijurisdictional litigation and arbitration. Dual qualified in Ontario and in England & Wales, Mitchell has experience advising clients on complex contractual disputes, civil fraud matters, director and shareholder disputes and partnership disputes. Mitchell also has experience advising clients on construction and engineering disputes.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Mitchell trained and worked in London, UK where he worked on complex commercial litigation and international commercial arbitration matters. Upon returning to Canada, Mitchell practiced for three years as an associate at a prominent litigation boutique in Toronto.
- Acted on behalf of an individual on an interlocutory motion seeking production of confidential information from her former employer
- Acted on behalf of defendants in Ontario Superior Court proceedings in a $10 million dollar claim against a merchant bank arising out of a failed diamond mining operation in Zimbabwe
- Represented former principals of a mutual fund company in a $10 million private arbitration following the sale of assets to a competitor
- Represented a large construction consortium, in ICC arbitration proceedings arising out of a failed $2.1 billion P3 Infrastructure Project in Ontario
- Acted for claimants against a manufacturer in domestic arbitration proceedings arising out of the same large P3 Infrastructure project in Ontario
- Counsel for plaintiffs in a construction related insurance claim relating to damages sustained following the appearance of a massive sinkhole on the project site
- Law Society of Ontario
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario, 2019
- Conseiller juridique, Tribunaux supérieurs de lâAngleterre et du Pays de Galles , 2013
- LLB., City Law School, University of London, 2009
- MSc., Global Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2007
- B.A. (Honours), Politics and History, Queen’s University, 2006