( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Adam Kline is a partner in the Business Law Group at Miller Thomson in the Toronto office. His practice is focused primarily in the areas of securities, corporate finance, public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Adam has considerable experience advising both bidders and targets in hostile and negotiated merger & acquisition transactions. He has advised underwriters and issuers on numerous financing transactions, including IPOs, bought deals, private placements and rights offerings, in a variety of sectors including, media, telecommunications, technology, real estate (including REITs), diversified products, retail, and financial services. In addition to Adam’s transactional practice, he regularly advises clients on corporate governance, securities regulatory compliance matters, general corporate, and securities law matters.
He has also been very active in Canada’s emerging market for both cannabis and blockchain issuers.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Adam practiced at a major Canadian law firm where he developed a significant expertise in the areas of M&A, securities, and REITs.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada –Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022; Securities Law, 2021-2023; Corporate Law, 2023
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory – Corporate Finance & Securities, 2021; Corporate Commercial Law, 2023
- Counsel to Canaccord Genuity, CIBC Capital Markets and National Bank Financial, as lead underwriters in connection with a $135.7 million initial public offering of E Automotive Inc. d/b/a E Inc.
- Counsel to Liberty Health Sciences Inc., a U.S.-based medical marijuana manufacturer and retailer, in connection with its US$290 million merger with Ayr Wellness Inc.
- Counsel to the special committee of Colliers International Group Inc. in connection with the a transaction to settle the long-term incentive arrangement with Jay Hennick and the orderly elimination of the dual class structure
- Counsel to Stifel GMP in connection with a US$100 million private placement by Voyager Digital Ltd.
- Counsel to Stifel GMP in connection with a US$49 million bought deal prospectus offering (treasury and secondary) of Arizona Metals Corp.
- Counsel to Environmental 360 Solutions Inc., an environmental management and technical solutions company, in an investment by Oaktree Capital
- Counsel to Environmental 360 Solutions Inc., an environmental management and technical solutions company, in an investment by OPTrust
- Counsel to the compensation committee of FirstService Corporation in connection with the a transaction to settle the long-term incentive arrangement with Jay Hennick and the elimination of the dual class structure
- Counsel to 123Dentist Inc., the largest majority Canadian owned network of dental practices, in connection with a $75 million investment by Peloton Capital Management
- Counsel to Stifel GMP and Cormark Securities Inc. in connection with a $120 million sale of common shares of Equinox Gold Corp. and warrants through Yamana Gold Inc.
- Counsel to CryptoStar Inc. in connection with its reverse takeover of Aumento Capital VI Corporation
- Counsel to True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust in connection with its $80.5 million equity offering led by CIBC Capital Markets and Raymond James Ltd. on a bought deal basis
- Counsel to a retail REIT in connection with its $263 million initial public offering
- Counsel to a residential apartment REIT in connection with its $75 million initial public offering
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2004
- M.B.A., Schulich School of Business, 1999
- B.A., University of Western Ontario, 1992