( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Mark’s litigation practice focuses on construction disputes, insurance, and commercial litigation. Mark acts on behalf of owners, contractors and sub-contractors in disputes arising from construction and engineering projects involving claims of breach of contract, delays and liquidated damages, deficiency claims, builders’ liens, bonding, and warranty disputes.
Mark’s insurance practice covers a broad range of areas, with a focus on professional negligence, acting on behalf of architects and engineers in various types of construction claims. He also acts for manufacturers and suppliers in product liability claims, dealing with breach of warranty and negligence claims relating to allegedly defective equipment, materials, and consumer goods.
Mark has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta and has conducted numerous trials and private arbitrations. He has also participated in various dispute resolution procedures, including mediations, judicial dispute resolutions, referee processes, and technical mediations in complex construction disputes.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Acritas (part of Thomson Reuters), Acritas Star Lawyer , 2021
- Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute resolution, 2020
- Author, “Limitation of Liability Clauses and Summary Disposition,” Insights, May 16, 2019
- C0-author, “Extras and Back Charges: Alberta Court of Appeal Affirms tests in Impact Painting Ltd v Man-Shield (Alta) Construction Inc,” Insights, March 21, 2019
- Author, “Liability Issues for Architects Revisited: An Analysis of Vermilion & District Housing Foundation v Binder Construction Limited,” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, January 3, 2018
- Author, “Looking Through a Dirty Window: Builders’ Risk Policies and the “Faulty Workmanship” Exclusion,” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, April 7, 2016
- Author, “Don’t Give the Game Away – Tips on Maintaining Litigation Privilege,” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, June 2015
- Author, “A Year on the Books: Reflections on Summary Judgment in Alberta,” Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, May 13, 2015
- Author, “When Does the Clock Start to Run? Contribution Claims Under Alberta’s Tort-feasors Act,” Canadian Legal Perspectives: A Brief for the Lloyd’s Market, August 18 2014
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2009
- LL.M., University of London, 2013
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 2008
- B.Sc., University of Alberta, 2007