( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Shaun Parekh started his legal career at Miller Thomson LLP where he primarily practiced in the financial services group. During his time here, Shaun was an advisor to a number of Schedule I and II banks, non-bank lenders, and borrowers on domestic and international secured lending files. His private practice experience spans various types of transactions, including bilateral and syndicated arrangements, cash-flow lending, asset-based lending, floorplan financing and other specialty areas.
Over the past several years Shaun worked as Vice President, Legal Counsel at a global rating agency where he provided advice on private and public securitization transactions. His work covered many asset classes that support the Canadian market for asset-backed securities and asset-backed commercial paper, including but not limited to residential mortgages, auto loans and leases, equipment loans and leases, and covered bonds.
Shaun’s key area’s of focus are:
- Financial Services: syndicated, bi-lateral and commercial loans, cross-border loans, bridge financing, project finance, asset based loans, private equity, and mezzanine/subordinated debt
- Structured Finance & Securitization: asset securitization
Shaun received his J.D. from Osgoode Law School in 2014 and was called to the Ontario bar in 2015.
- Co-authored, "Legal Criteria for Canadian Structured Finance", DBRS Morningstar, 2000 - 2022
- Co-authored, “What to Expect While Expecting: Changes to the Canadian Chattel Paper Regime”, DBRS Morningstar, November 2020
- Co-authored, "Material Adverse Change Clauses in Loan Agreements and Current Trends and Risks", DBRS Morningstar, October 26, 2020
- Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario, 2015
- Passed CFA Level I Exam, February 2021
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2014
- B.Sc. (honours), Western University, 2011