( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Bryan Hosking is a member of Miller Thomson’s Restructuring & Insolvency Group, as well as the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group.
Bryan has broad experience in all aspects of insolvency proceedings, including security enforcement, the enforcement of creditor’s rights, security review and implementation, and the navigation of Court supervised proceedings. Bryan routinely acts for financial institutions, Court-Appointed Officers, and various creditors in insolvency proceedings.
In addition to Bryan’s Restructuring & Insolvency practice, he also maintains a strong commercial litigation practice, and assists clients with corporate and commercial disputes, shareholder disputes, oppression claims, and arbitrations. In addition to appearing before the Alberta Courts, Bryan has defended matters before the Alberta Human Rights Commission. Bryan has also served as a Bylaw Prosecutor for a neighboring Edmonton municipality.
In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, exploring new cuisines, and spending time with his daughters.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2022 - 2023; Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Co-authored, “Appointing an inspector to assist with Court directed investigations in Alberta will be done sparingly”, Miller Thomson Litigation Communique, January 31, 2023
- Presentation to Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers’ Association, “Good Relationships with Assistants and Paralegals”, June 22, 2022
- Co-authored, “Owners beware: Factoring invoices should not be factored into the major lien fund”, Miller Thomson Communiqué, June 8, 2022
- Co-authored, “Lessons for lenders: Personal knowledge and addressing the evidentiary burden remains key,” Miller Thomson Communiqué, May 21, 2021
- Co-contributor, “Making the Right Decision on Enforcement Options Under the Personal Property Security Act,” Legal Education Society of Alberta, May 2017
- University of Alberta Energy Law Executive, 2013-2015
- Student Legal Services, 2013-2014
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts with distinction, major in Political Science and minor in Sociology, 2012