( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Bobby Sachdeva is Co-Leader of Miller Thomson’s Commercial Litigation Group. He is an experienced litigator with significant trial and arbitration experience. His primary focus is on commercial disputes and insolvency & restructuring. Bobby brings a practical business and strategic approach to litigation that is results oriented. While always working toward risk avoidance and cost effective resolutions, Bobby is aware that there are times where a client’s best interests require aggressive and effective action.
Commercial Litigation: Shareholders disputes and oppression remedies, injunctions, creditor remedies, complex contractual disputes, directors and officers fiduciary obligations and liability, fraud recovery, professional negligence and defamation.
Insolvency & Restructuring: Acting for Trustees, Receivers, Monitors, secured creditors, equipment lessors and landlords in proceedings under the BIA and CCAA. Bobby has also acted for Debtors in restructuring proposals under the BIA. Much of Bobby’s practice is in the Commercial Court. At his prior firm Bobby started and grew a highly reputable insolvency and restructuring group.
Bobby has acted as lead counsel on a number of trials, arbitrations and appeals. He is accustomed to dealing with complex disputes which involve guiding clients through difficult decisions. His prior roles in law firm management allows him to bring leadership skills and a strong business acumen into these difficult commercial disputes.
Bobby’s regular clients include a number of companies with General Counsel as well as entrepreneurs and mid to large size private companies.
He has held several previous leadership positions including managing partner, executive committee member and practice group leader at a regional Ontario law firm. In recent years, he has been a regular speaker at the annual CBA Leadership Conference for managing partners as well as at CBA and CAIRP events on insolvency related topics.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada - Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2022-2024
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory - Insolvency and Financial Restructuring, 2022-2023; Litigation - Corporate Commercial, 2022-2023
- Acted for the Receiver with respect to a $20MM sports facility in the GTA
- Lead Counsel for CourtCanada Ltd. in its law suit against the Ontario government
- Lead counsel for the major creditor in the Bankruptcy of Sally Creek at all levels, including the Ontario Court of Appeal - leading case in Ontario of Trustee misconduct
- Over the last few years, speaker at the annual CBA Leadership Conference for managing partners
- Various CBA and CAIRP speaking engagements on insolvency related topics
- Served on Board of Directors for the United Way of Peel Region, including three years as Chair of the governance committee
- Served on Foundation Board of Directors for Providence Health Care
- Canadian Bar Association
- Advocates Society
- South Asian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario, 1993
- B.A Honours, McGill University, 1988
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall, 1991