( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Melissa Tummon provides legal advice in the areas of corporate law, finance and real estate. Melissa’s primary focus is on secured and unsecured lending for both lenders and borrowers and share and asset based transactions for corporations. She has experience acting for corporations of various sizes, including startups.
Melissa’s practice includes:
- Financing and Lending: Acting for banks, private lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured lending transactions, including real estate based transactions and acting as Canadian counsel in international and multi-jurisdictional lending transactions.
- Private M&A: Acting for private corporations buying or selling assets/shares.
- Corporate and Commercial: Acting for corporations on incorporations, structuring and reorganizations and shareholders’ agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Real Estate: Acting for individuals and corporations in the purchase and sale of real estate and leasing.
Melissa summered and articled with Miller Thomson before joining the firm as an Associate in 2011. Melissa completed her Juris Doctorate at the University of Western Ontario, where she also received a Bachelor of Science in kinesiology with distinction.
Prior to attending law school, Melissa worked for both a major bank and insurance company.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Leadership Waterloo – Class of 2013
- St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation, Chair, Fairways n Friends Golf Tournament
- Lisaard and Inisfree Hospice Homes, Director on Board of Directors.
- Rotary Club of Kitchener, Rotarian
- Lisaard and Inisfree Hospice Homes – Board of Directors
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Greater Kitchener-Waterloo Chamber of Commerce
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- J.D., Western University, 2010
- B.Sc. (kinesiology, honours), Western University, 2005