( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Max Spearn has a focused corporate and commercial law practice with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, debt and equity financings, and day-to-day commercial matters. Max is a leader in the area of emerging growth and venture capital at Miller Thomson.
Max frequently works with U.S. law firms and businesses on cross-border transactions and structures for doing business in Canada. He also negotiates and drafts shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements, service agreements and various other commercial agreements.
Max regularly advises emerging and high-growth clients on financings and other aspects of corporate commercial law. Max focuses on delivering practical advice and solutions in a cost-effective manner.
- Presenting at the Law Society of Ontario: Buying or Selling a Business – « Representations and Warranties: Mitigating Liability« , March 8, 2017.
- Presenting at the Law Society of Ontario: Practice Gems: Essentials of the Privately Held Company 2015 on « Incorporating and Organizing a Private Corporation », September 29, 2015.
- Presenting at Lawline: Private M&A in Canada, June 24, 2015.
- Presenting at Corporate Counsel Exchange: Cross-Border M&A: Don’t Let the Tail Wag the Dog, June 10, 2014.
- Presenting at the Law Society of Ontario: Practice Gems: Essentials of the Privately Held Company 2013 on « Incorporation and Constating Documents – Structuring the Company », September 26, 2013.
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2008
- LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 2007
- B.A., McGill University, 2004