Jaclyne is a corporate, commercial and regulatory lawyer who works with a wide range of clients in the transportation and logistics industry, as well as those in the product regulatory, marketing and advertising space. This includes road, rail and ocean carriers, passenger vessel operators, load brokers, logistics providers, warehouse operators and other freight intermediaries. She also assists manufacturers, importers, exporters, shippers, distributors and growers.
Jaclyne regularly provides advice with respect to various regulatory compliance issues, including federal and/or provincial laws regarding food safety, cannabis, pharmaceuticals, natural health products and cosmetics, medical devices, privacy and anti-spam/CASL, import/export, customs, autonomous vehicles, maritime law and the transportation of dangerous goods. She also provides compliance advice in the marketing and advertising space, including consumer protection matters, product classification and label reviews, as well as reviews of contests, promotions, and advertising campaigns.
Jaclyne also advises with respect to acquisitions and restructurings, including the expansion of foreign-based companies’ operations into Canada, new product launches in Canada, and the purchase and sale of logistics and distribution companies.
Jaclyne negotiates commercial contracts for these industries, including carriage of goods, load brokerage, owner-operator, warehousing, and supply of goods agreements. She also drafts and reviews distribution, reseller, sponsorship, agency and manufacturing agreements. Jaclyne prepares privacy policies and standard operating terms and conditions.
She assists companies at all stages, from initial start-up and capitalization to the development and protection of long standing businesses
Professional achievements & leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Transportation (Road and Rail), 2022
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Transportation Law, 2022
- Panel Moderator, Transportation Lawyers Association – Chicago Regional, “Navigating the Technological Aspects of Food Safety and Temperature-Controlled Food Claims Makes for a Great Pear”, January 2019
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, “Protect livestock loads from ‘undue suffering'”, December 2018
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, “Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers”, Topics: Food Safety, Shareholder Agreements and Privacy Law, November 2018
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, “New food safety rules can extend to carriers”, July 2018
- Speaker, Supply Chain Management Association, “Safe Food For Canadians Act – An Overview”, June 2018
- Speaker, Truckworld, “Cannabis and the Trucking Workplace: Impact and Accomodation”, April 2018
- Author/Contributor, Today’s Trucking, “Rights Defined: Shareholder agreements will protect your interests”, March 2018
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, “Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers”,Topics: Food Safety, Privacy Law, and Carrying on Business in Canada November 2017
- Seminar Organizer and Speaker, Leamington, Ontario, “Legal Updates for Fruit and Vegetable Growers and Carriers”, Topic: Food Safety, August 2016
- Speaker, Supply Chain Management Association “Limits of Liability – Trucking and Transportation Intermediaries”, June 2016
- Speaker, Canadian Transport Lawyers Association, “Modal Update: Road”, September 2015
- Corporate counsel for a not-for-profit special needs hockey club
- Treasurer, Canadian Transport Lawyers’ Association, March 2022 – October 2022
- Board of Directors, Canadian Transport Lawyers’ Association, 2019 – 2021
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance
- Private Motor Truck Council of Canada
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Women’s International Shipping and Trade Association
- The Toronto Transportation Club
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2015
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2014
- University of Leicester – Study Abroad Program, 2013
- B.A. (hon. Spec.), Western University, 2011