( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ken Chun’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions and all types of corporate and commercial law. He has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating company acquisitions and dispositions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, business structuring and reorganizations and other complex business transactions involving domestic and foreign companies, both public and private, financial institutions, private equity firms and entrepreneurs and other owner-operated corporations.
Ken often leads large transaction teams involving lawyers and other professional advisers with various types of expertise. He coordinates the legal, regulatory, and Canadian tax aspects of those transactions from the early planning stages to successful closing. Ken also practises all aspects of corporate/commercial law including shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, distribution agreements, and other corporate and commercial matters.
Ken’s practice spans a wide range of industries including private REITs, mortgage lending, private equity, insurance companies and insurance brokerages, manufacturing, natural resources, retirement homes, wireless and telecommunications, multimedia and technology, and automotive.
Ken has acted as counsel for:
- Various private REITs in respect of their initial set up and structuring, mergers and acquisitions transactions and on-going governance matters
- A mortgage lending business in its acquisition of a mortgage portfolio for the purpose of launching a “mortgage investment corporation” under the Income Tax Act (Canada)
- The Royalton Limited Partnerships regarding the $95 million sale of two luxury retirement homes to Leisureworld Senior Care Corporation and the sale of its interest in a third luxury retirement home to FRM IV Management Inc.
- A publicly-listed retirement home company regarding its acquisitions of various retirement home properties across Canada
- Various Insurance companies and insurance brokers in respect of mergers and acquisitions transactions, financing transactions, corporate reorganizations, strategic alliances and other corporate matters
- Mistral Equity Partners LLC in its $126 million acquisition of all of the shares of Snack Alliance, Inc. and Nalley’s Canada Limited
- Ardenton Capital Corporation in respect of its equity investment in the Leone Group of Companies, a leading manufacturer, distributor and installer of ornamental iron and chain link fencing
- Ardenton Capital Corporation in respect of its equity investment in OES, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of electronic products, automotive process monitoring, electronic scoreboards and customer application specific controls
- Worldlynx Wireless LP in its $125 million acquisition/consolidation of ten Bell Mobility independent wireless dealers across Canada and related senior and subordinated debt financing, giving Worldlynx Wireless a platform of more than 60 retail and corporate sales locations across Canada
- Worldlynx Wireless LP and its subsidiary Day 2 Mobility Inc. in the sale of substantially all of their assets to a national wireless carrier
- A Canadian wireless provider in its acquisition of an industry leader in managed mobility services and technology
- Fixt Wireless Inc., an emerging national leader in the B2B and B2C Canadian wireless repair space, in its royalty sale transaction with Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp., Foregrowth Holdco Inc. and Darwin Strategic Royalty Corp.
- A leading independent national commercial equipment finance and leasing company in the completion of its Canadian securitization program and related financing transaction
- A leading global molding products company in the automotive and healthcare industries in its acquisition of the assets of a Tier 2 rubber molding automotive supplier based in Ontario
- A group of purchasers in their acquisition of a Tier 1 automotive supplier based in Detroit, Michigan
- Canadian and US subsidiaries of a custom label manufacturer in the sale of substantially all of their assets to a US-based label manufacturer and related tax reorganization
- Apple Express Courier Ltd. and related entities, providers of highly customized, outsourced, SLA satisfaction and last-mile supply chain solutions for large healthcare, IT and retail businesses, in the sale of their businesses to a wholly owned subsidiary of bpost SA-NV, the Belgian-based international parcel
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1994