( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ken Chun’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, financing transactions and all types of corporate and commercial law. He has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating company acquisitions and dispositions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, business structuring and reorganizations and other complex business transactions involving domestic and foreign companies, both public and private, financial institutions, private equity firms and entrepreneurs and other owner-operated corporations.
Ken often leads large transaction teams involving lawyers and other professional advisors with various types of expertise. He coordinates the legal, regulatory, and Canadian tax aspects of those transactions from the early planning stages to successful closing. Ken also practises all aspects of corporate/commercial law including shareholders’ agreements, limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, distribution agreements, and various other commercial agreements.
Ken’s practice spans a wide range of industries including wireless and telecommunications, digital infrastructure, private equity, private REITs and mutual fund trusts, senior housing, mortgage lending, insurance companies and insurance brokerages, multimedia and technology, and automotive and other manufacturing sectors.
Ken has acted as counsel for:
- Highcourt Partners in its merger with Breckles Group to form Highcourt Breckles Group, a Canadian insurance and risk consulting company
- Vantage Data Centers’ acquisition of Hypertec, a hyperscale data center business from Montreal, Quebec
- Sensors & Software Inc. in its acquisition by SPX Corporation, a supplier of highly engineered products and technologies
- Vantage Data Centers regarding a strategic partnership with Colony Capital in a $1.2 billion investment
- Vantage Data Centers, LLC regarding its $259 million acquisition of two data centers in Quebec from Quebecor Media Inc.
- NWI Holdings and Stony Point Group Inc. in their cross-border asset purchase of Triumph Group’s metallic machining business
- A global private investment firm in its acquisition of a leading distributor of technology products in Canada
- A private REIT in respect of its acquisition of portfolio properties and financing transactions relating thereto
- A financial institution in its on-going financing and refinancing transactions relating to senior housing properties owned by a publicly-listed entity
- Worldlynx Wireless LP and its subsidiary Day 2 Mobility Inc. in the sale of substantially all of their assets to a national wireless carrier
- Apple Express Courier Ltd. and related entities in the sale of their businesses to a wholly owned subsidiary of bpost SA-NV, the Belgian-based international parcel and mail delivery service
- Canadian and US subsidiaries of a custom label manufacturer in the sale of substantially all of their assets to a US-based label manufacturer and related tax reorganization
- An international Tier 2 rubber moulding automotive supplier in its sale to a private equity firm
- Ardenton Capital Corporation in respect of its equity investment in the Leone Group of Companies, a leading manufacturer, distributor and installer of ornamental iron and chain link fencing
- Ardenton Capital Corporation in respect of its equity investment in OES, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of electronic products, automotive process monitoring, electronic scoreboards and customer application specific controls
- Mistral Equity Partners LLC in its $126 million acquisition of all of the shares of Snack Alliance, Inc. and Nalley’s Canada Limited
- A mortgage lending business in its acquisition of a mortgage portfolio for the purpose of launching a “mortgage investment corporation” under the Income Tax Act (Canada)
- The Royalton Limited Partnerships regarding the $95 million sale of two luxury retirement homes to Leisureworld Senior Care Corporation and the sale of its interest in a third luxury retirement home to FRM IV Management Inc.
- A Canadian wireless provider in its acquisition of an industry leader in managed mobility services and technology
- A leading independent national commercial equipment finance and leasing company in the completion of its Canadian securitization program and related financing transaction
- A leading global moulding products company in the automotive and healthcare industries in its acquisition of the assets of a Tier 2 rubber automotive moulding supplier based in Ontario
- A group of purchasers in their acquisition of a Tier 1 automotive supplier based in Detroit, Michigan
- Various private REITs in respect of their initial set up and structuring, mergers and acquisitions transactions and on-going governance matters
- A publicly-listed retirement home company regarding its acquisitions of various retirement home properties across Canada
- Various Insurance companies and insurance brokers in respect of mergers and acquisitions transactions, financing transactions, corporate reorganizations, strategic alliances and other corporate matters
- Worldlynx Wireless LP in its $125 million acquisition/consolidation of ten Bell Mobility independent wireless dealers across Canada and related senior and subordinated debt financing
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1994