( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Tom Koutoulakis practices corporate and securities law, focusing on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He also advises public companies and their boards of directors, as well as investment dealers, on various aspects of securities law compliance issues including corporate governance. Tom is a published author and lecturer on issues relating to public company and securities law matters.
Tom has experience acting on behalf of issuers and underwriters in a variety of industries, including REITs, as well as the technology, life sciences and finance sectors.
A few of Tom’s transactions include:
- Acting for the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of VersaBank with respect to VersaBank’s merger with PWC Capital Inc.
- Acting for Apollo Health & Beauty Care Partnership in its acquisition by Acasta Enterprises Inc.
- Acting for Zarpac Inc. in its acquisition by Pro Mach, Inc.
- Acting for Titanium Transportation Group Inc. with respect to its going public transaction, and contemporaneous listing on the TSXV
- Acting for True North Apartment REIT in the sale of all of its assets and properties to Northern Property REIT and concurrent transactions with PSP Investments and Starlight Investments Ltd. in a $3 Billion transaction creating Canada’s third largest multy-family REIT, Northview REIT
- Acting for Holland Capital Corporation in connection with the creation of Maplewood International REIT
- Acting for True North Commercial REIT in its initial bought deal offering for proceeds of approximately $55 million
- Acting for Tanq Capital Corporation in connection with the creation of True North Commercial REIT
- Acting for True North Apartment REIT in connection with three prospectus offerings of approximately $170 million
- Acting for Wand Capital Corporation in connection with the creation of True North Apartment REIT
- Acting for Starlight Investments Ltd. it in its $2.3 Billion acquisition of TransGlobe Apartment REIT
- Representing the underwriters in seven prospectus offerings of BTB REIT for aggregate proceeds of approximately $140 million
- Representing Teranet Income Fund in connection with its $1.7 Billion sale to Borealis
- Representing CIBC World Markets in thirteen MJDS prospectus offerings for Central Fund of Canada Ltd. for aggregate proceeds of approximately US$1.2 Billion
- Acting for Turtle Island Recycling Corp. in its acquisition by Green For Life (GFL) Envirnomental Corp., creating southern Ontario’s largest waste management company
- Representing Teranet Inc. in connection with its $762 million initial public offering
- Mount Sinai (Toronto) Board of Governors
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1993
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 1991
- MBA, Schulich School of Business, 1990
- B.Sc. (Hons), University of Toronto, 1989