Stewart Whittingham is the Firm’s Director, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. He is an experienced Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Human Resources Professional focused on aligning business, diversity, team and talent management strategies. His education is focused on Inclusion and Leadership, Human Resources Management, Communications and Professional Coaching. His strategic vision, change management and project management experience assist him to serve as a strategic advisor to the Firm’s Executive Committee and Senior Leadership Team. Stewart brings more than 20 years of talent management experience in the legal industry with an emphasis on developing and delivering all initiatives through an equity, diversity and inclusion lens.
Working collaboratively with all members of the Firm, Stewart is committed and dedicated to the Firm’s national equity, diversity and inclusion strategies, including:
- Leading the development of a vision and strategy that champions the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive environment that infuses all aspects of the Firm
- Working with senior leadership in designing and implementing Firm-wide changes to ensure equity, diversity, inclusion and respect for all Firm members
Stewart executes on all responsibilities with our Firm commitment top of mind – to serve our clients creatively, to reflect our clients’ workforces and values, as well as the communities in which our Firm members live and work. His focus is on inclusive leadership, individual and team awareness and development, our clients, law schools and law students, and corporate social responsibility.
Stewart is Chair of the Firm’s National Inclusion and Diversity Committee. He was an active participant on the Law Society of Upper Canada’s Justicia Project (now the Law Society of Ontario), serving on the Working Group that developed the Justicia Guide to Women’s Leadership in Law Firms. He is a Firm representative on the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network and is a member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, the Human Resources Professionals Association, the Professional Development Consortium and the International Coaching Federation.
Professional achievements & leadership
- 2017 Canadian Human Resources Award – Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion (Team Member – 1L Indigenous Internship Program)
- The Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network
- Human Resources Professionals Association
- International Coaching Federation
- Professional Development Consortium
- ADLER Graduate Professional School – School of Professional Coaching (September 2021)
- Centennial College / Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion – Certificate in Inclusion and Leadership (December 2020)