Miller Thomson’s Corporate lawyers work closely with businesses across Canada and internationally to achieve their corporate aspirations. Whether a client is an entrepreneurial start-up or a multinational corporation, we make it our mission to understand our clients’ businesses and the industries in which they operate. We offer practical and informed advice in all areas of corporate law — from advising on day-to-day operations, to leading company-transforming deals. Whatever our role, we provide proactive and innovative solutions to our clients’ business challenges so that they can thrive and grow.
Numbering more than 220 in total, members of our Corporate Group are on the ground in all of the firm’s offices, and are available whenever our clients need us. Our lawyers work with executives, in-house counsel and external service providers as essential members of our clients’ strategic teams.
We have broad and deep experience with a wide range of industries including: mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, automotive, technology, e-commerce, cleantech, telecommunications, banking and financial services, insurance, real estate development, transportation, hospitality, health care and life sciences.
Our services include:
- Business formation
- Organizational structures / reorganization
- Registration and licensing matters
- Regulatory compliance
- Shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements
- Cross-border and international commercial transactions
- Financing arrangements
- Joint venture and strategic alliances
- Outsourcing, licensing and other IT arrangements
- Sales, distribution and franchise arrangements