Jessica Watkins brings over a decade of experience working in professional resources and legal talent management. Jessica is responsible for setting the strategic direction for legal professionals as it relates to career development, compensation, performance management, talent acquisition and engagement. Jessica also works closely with the firm’s Inclusion & Diversity Committee and is part of the team who won the Canadian HR Awards in the category in 2018 for the development of the firm’s 1L Indigenous Internship Program.
Prior to joining the Miller Thomson team, Jessica practiced law for several years in the Private Client Services group of a mid-size law firm in Toronto. She also worked as the Director of Career Services for Queen’s University’s, Faculty of Law.
Jessica is fully bilingual and works with ease in both official languages and currently serves as a board member of the Alliance Française de Toronto. Jessica is a lifelong learner, having gained additional degrees in Human Resources, Workplace Investigations and most recently completing her MBA Skills Certificate with the London School of Economics. She is both a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the Human Resources Professionals Association.
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- Mental Health First Aid Training, MHCC, 2020
- MBA Skills Certificate, London School of Economics, 2020
- Workplace Investigations and Training Certificate, HRPA, 2018
- Human Resources Certificate, University of Toronto, 2017
- LL.B., Queen’s University, Faculty of Law, 2004
- B.A. (Honours), University of Toronto, 2000
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL)