Practising in all areas of labour and employment law, Alessandra is called upon to advise and represent employers of all sizes, whether unionized or not, in particular before the courts, grievance arbitrators and the Administrative Labour Tribunal. In addition, she frequently conducts workplace investigations as an external and independent investigator on behalf of employers.
Before joining Miller Thomson, Alessandra practised at regional and international law firms. In her practice, Alessandra advised provincial and federal employers of all sizes in all areas of labour and employment law. She played an active role in various business purchase and sale transactions, including assisting with due diligence, and provided strategic employment advice.
She has extensive experience with workplace harassment investigations and conflict prevention. She frequently conducts investigations as an external and independent investigator on behalf of employers. She has a keen interest in workplace privacy and protection of personal information.
Over the last few years, Alessandra has also facilitated courses and conferences on alcohol and drugs, respect and civility, and investigations in the workplace.
- Advised seller in a $30M sale by a leading American business software company.
- Advised seller in a sale worth over $500M.
- Member of the Young Bar of Montreal’s Professional and Interprofessional Development Committee, 2018 – 2020
- Supervising lawyer at a legal clinic in a non-profit for disadvantaged women, 2017 – 2020
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2016
- Master’s in Labour and Employment Law, York University (ongoing)
- Juris Doctor, Université de Montréal, 2021
- Civil Law Degree (LL.L.), University of Ottawa, 2014