Robert M. Stewart
Biographie( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Robert Stewart is a partner in the Business Law Group of Miller Thomson in Toronto. Robert has over his career developed a broad range of experience acting for clients on public and private M&A transactions, IPO’s and other corporate finance transactions, joint ventures and partnerships and the negotiation of major services and outsourcing arrangements. Robert also spent a portion of his career working in the area of international taxation law for one of the world’s leading consulting firms.
He has provided legal advice and service to all manner of clients including public and private companies, large and small businesses, and financial institutions.
Robert has a particular interest in advising emerging businesses. His approach is practical, but creative and is in touch with the needs of entrepreneurial clients.
Robert believes that his client’s interests are best advanced by engaging positively and with the utmost integrity with his counterparts. His style is best suited for clients seeking to build long-term relationships with customers, partners and investors.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1985
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto, 1982
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Staying Put: TSX Shareholders Spurn the Global Consolidation Trend (For Now), Business Law in Canada: Recent Developments, Été 2011
- Sale of a Business, 8th Edition, LexisNexis Canada, 2011
- Canadian Regulator Joins Other Countries In Ban On Short Selling, Alerte valeurs mobilières, September 2008
- New Multilateral Instrument on Trades to Employees, Senior Officers, Directors and Consultants, Alerte valeurs mobilières, January 16, 2004
- Securities Law Primer for Charities & Not-for-Profit Organizations, Bulletin organismes de bienfaisance et à but non lucratif, March 2003
Principaux domaines de pratiques
- Droit des sociétés et droit commercial
- Fusions et acquisitions de sociétés ouvertes
- Fusions et acquisitions d'entreprises privées
- Approvisionnement et contrats
- Securities Regulation and Compliance
- Gouvernance d’entreprise
- Capitalisation et financement par dette
- Inscriptions en bourse
- Transactions des entreprises privées
- Financement des sociétés
Admission au Barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1987