Stewart Whittingham is the National Director, Talent Management and Inclusion. He leads a national team in the execution of the talent management and development strategies – including recruitment, mentoring, learning, development and career planning, performance management and total rewards – for all Firm members across all 12 offices. Stewart brings to his role more than 18 years of talent management experience in the legal industry with an emphasis on developing and delivering all initiatives through a diversity and inclusion lens.
Working collaboratively with the Firm’s key stakeholders, Stewart is committed and dedicated to the Firm’s national talent management strategies, including:
- Recruitment and integration of all Firm members
- Performance management including mentoring, professional development and career planning, and the performance evaluation process
- Monitored continuing education programming for our clients, lawyers, paraprofessionals, law students and administration
- Total Rewards focused on competitive compensation and benefits programs
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
Stewart participates on a number of Firm committees, including the Pro Bono Committee, Inclusion and Diversity Committee, and the Student Committee. Stewart was an active participant on the Law Society of Upper Canada’s Justicia Project, serving on the Working Group that developed the Justicia Guide to Women’s Leadership in Law Firms. He is a Firm representative on the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network and is a member of the Professional Development Consortium, the National Association for Law Placement and the Human Resources Professionals Association.