( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Sierra completed her Juris Doctor degree at the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. Prior to law school, Sierra earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours from the University of British Columbia, and worked as a registered nurse in mental health and addictions. During her 1L summer she returned to addictions nursing to help with the shortage of nursing staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In her first year of law school, Sierra volunteered with Dalhousie Legal Aid Service in their Tenancy Rights project, where she helped members of the Halifax community experiencing tenancy rights issues advocate for themselves. Sierra also volunteered as a student advocate with the Dalhousie Student Advocacy Service (DSAS), helping students with allegations of university policy and procedure violations. In her second and third year at Dalhousie Sierra served as the DSAS Education and Outreach Coordinator. Sierra also volunteered with Dalhousie Pro Bono, the Dalhousie Law Journal, and the Dalhousie Law Students’ Society Social Committee. In her third year of law school, Sierra was also a clinic student at the initio Technology and Innovation Law Clinic where she trained to act and advise startups seeking early stage legal information on technology, intellectual property, and business law issues.
In her spare time, Sierra enjoys playing softball, horseback riding, and experiencing the great outdoors alongside her friendly canine companions.
- Education and Outreach Coordinator, Dalhousie Student Advocacy Service, 2021-2023
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Dalhousie at Schulich Law, 2020-2022
- Volunteer Advocate, Dalhousie Student Advocacy Service, 2020-2021
- Volunteer Editor, Dalhousie Law Journal, 2021
- 1L Representative, Dalhousie Law Students Society Social Committee, 2020-2021
- Wellness Peer, UBC Wellness Centre, 2016-2017
- Helpline Volunteer, AIDS Vancouver, 2015-2017
- Juris Doctor, Dalhousie University, 2023
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (with Honours), University of British Columbia, 2019