( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Jordon Magico maintains a general civil and commercial practice, including advising and representing clients in relation to a variety of corporate and commercial, construction, and contract law matters.
Before articling at Miller Thomson, Jordon clerked at the Court of Appeal of Alberta. He also previously worked as a summer student at the firm, and with the in-house legal team at an Edmonton-based construction company.
Jordon obtained his Juris Doctor (with distinction) from the University of Alberta in 2020. During law school he was recognized on the Dean’s List, served as an editorial board member of the Alberta Law Review, participated as a finalist at the Bowman National Tax Moot, and published a paper on corporate law. Prior to attending law school, Jordon obtained his Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction) from the University of Alberta.
Jordon is actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Outside of the office, Jordon maintains an active lifestyle and enjoys running, biking, and skiing.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Law, 2017-2020
- Faculty of Law Undergraduate Scholarships, 2018-2020
- Canadian Petroleum Tax Society Prize in Corporate Taxation, 2020
- Felesky Flynn LLP Scholarship in Taxation Law, 2020
- Moodys Tax Law Academic Award, 2019
- Cruickshank Karvellas Prize in Taxation, 2019
- Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship, 2018
- Honourable GA Cameron Steer Scholarship, 2018
- FR (Dick) Matthews Excellence Scholarship in Law, 2017
- Verner Creige McElroy Scholarship in Accounting, 2017
- University of Alberta Undergraduate Scholarship, 2016
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2021 – Present
- Amicus Program, 2021 – Present
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta, 2021
- Juris Doctor (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2020
- Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2017